ereksonj

ereksonj

Awesome Space Robots

Awesome Space Robots - Michael O'Hearn This "Edge" series from Capstone pairs basic bare bones writing with large photos or hyper-realistic artwork to cover a topic. The topic is divided into chapters, and within each chapter subheaders deal with subtopics. Text boxes provide additional relevant facts on the subtopic.

The rationale for this book is that it takes a topic like Robots and spans a wide breadth of subtopics. I was expecting I could find this information on the internet, but not all gathered into one place. In this case, it was true. Because this book covers only the robots used in the space programs, there isn't a page dedicated to it. The Wikipedia article on Robotic Spacecraft doesn't cover all the subtopics this book does. So the book gets its rationale for existing by gathering information in one place and providing a corresponding visual experience. What I'm wondering is if this is the kind of specialized topic that would even be helpful for the series' purpose, which would be the school research report.